The winners of the European Rental Awards 2019 were announced at the ERA Convention (15-16 May) which took place in the Meliá Castilla hotel in Madrid, Spain.
Over the course of the evening, winners in 7 different categories were announced. These winners were chosen from a shortlist of companies active in the plant, tool and equipment hire industry across Europe.
The jury consisted of 6 industry experts:
- Pierre Boels - President at ERA and CEO at Boels Rental
- Olivier Colleau - CEO at Kiloutou
- Alexander Greschner - Chief Sales Officer at Wacker Neuson
- Tapio Kolunsarka - CEO at Ramirent
- Murray Pollok - Managing Editor at International Rental News
- Michel Petitjean - Secretary General at ERA (non-voting chair)
Continue reading for an overview of all winners and nominees of the European Rental Awards 2019, including some great pictures to relive the evening!
Overview of European Rental Awards 2019 winners
- Large Rental Company of the Year (>€15 million): Bredenoord
- Small Rental Company of the Year (<€15 million): Germans Homs
- Rental Product of the Year: Haulotte – HA20 LE (electric articulating boom)
- The Sustainability Award: Loxam
- The ERA Technical Committee Award: Volvo Construction Equipment
- Rental Person of the Year: Dan Vorsholt, CEO at GSV Materieludlejning
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Pierre Saubot, Founder and CEO at Haulotte
Large Rental Company of the Year (>€15 million)
9 years after winning the Small Rental Company of the Year at the European Rental Awards 2010, the Dutch company Bredenoord now won the Large Rental Company of the Year award. Main reasons for choosing Bredenoord were the stable growth of its hire business over the years, and its fleet expansion with innovative battery-powered hire solutions.
Small Rental Company of the Year (<€15 million)
WE WON THE PRIZE! @era_rental Awards 2019. BAILRENTAL nos proclama ganadores “Small Rental Company of the Year” ¡Gracias a todo el equipo por hacerlo posible! Y a nuestros colaboradores, @reginapuig @InlensMedia— Germans Homs 1852 (@GermansHoms1852) May 16, 2019
+INFO: https://t.co/cg0ndcrk1a pic.twitter.com/3XuSoFLJE5
Spanish hire company Germans Homs won the Small Rental Company of the Year awards for its strong performance, innovative culture and strong online hire offering. A great recognition for Germans Homs which only recently acquired Llogater, specialised in event equipment hire, adding two new commercial branches to its footprint.
Rental Product of the Year
Despite two mini digger products being nominated for Rental Product of the Year, it was Haulotte who won the Rental Product of the Year award with their HA20 LE electric articulating boom. The jury mentioned the high quality of the product and its strong statement regarding electrification and sustainability as main reasons for winning.
- Winner: Haulotte – HA20 LE (electric articulating boom)
- Highly commended: AJC Trailers – H2O Solar Pod (generator)
- Other nominees:
The Sustainability Award
[LOXAM Flash Info] La politique #RSE du Groupe Loxam récompensée !— LOXAM (@LoxamCorporate) May 16, 2019
Hier soir, lors de l' #ERAconvention2019 le Groupe Loxam a reçu le prix RSE pour sa démarche inédite en faveur du développement de la culture Sécurité, notamment avec le #ChallengeSécurité. pic.twitter.com/bqP853aKNY
The ERA Technical Committee Award
Volvo Construction Equipment won the ERA Technical Committee Award, which is awarded to a manufacturer who has done the most, in the view of the committee, to meet the needs of the rental industry (e.g. modify or design machines to reduce cost of ownership).
The ERA’s Technical Committee commented: "Volvo has demonstrated a continuous commitment to the satisfaction of the needs and requirements of the European rental industry. We are very pleased to recognise their involvement giving them the ERA Technical Committee Award."
- Winner: Volvo Construction Equipment
Rental Person of the Year
Big congrats to Mr. Dan Vorsholt of @GsvMateriel who was just named Rental Person of the Year at #eraconvention2019! 🏆 It was an honour for us to present this prestigious award to such a deserving person. Keep up the great work, Dan. pic.twitter.com/AikdUWA3p8— Perkins Engines (@PerkinsEngines) May 15, 2019
- Winner: Dan Vorsholt, CEO at GSV Materieludlejning
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Winner: Pierre Saubot, Founder and CEO at Haulotte